Modern

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Father's Day

We had a wonderful weekend celebrating Father's Day. Payton had his mind made up weeks ago that he wanted to buy Brian shoes for Father's Day. I have no idea where he came up with it, but despite my attempts at encouraging him to choose something else, he was set on getting him shoes. Pretty cute if you ask me.

So, Brian got a nice new pair of shoes from Payton for Father's Day and I baked him his favorite peppermint pattie brownies that he loves so much. I only bake them on special occasion because they're not from a box mix, which means I have to bust out all my baking supplies and make them from scratch (they were so darn good, I must say!!).

To round out the perfect Father' Day weekend, Brian and Payton went golfing. This time, instead of just going to the driving range, they actually got a cart and golfed 9 holes! They both had a great time, but now all Payton wants to do is drive the cart.

So, I just want to end this post by saying how grateful I am that Payton has such an amazing father. Brian is so hands-on and truly takes great pride in his role as "father." God blessed us with an amazing man to lead our family and we are so very grateful for that. We love you Brian!!

No comments: