Modern

Monday, October 27, 2008

Don't Mess With Texas

Well, I am happy to report that I was really surprised by all that Texas has to offer. I just got back last night from visiting my good friend Ashley and her adorable newborn son, Emerson in beautiful San Antonio. Although Ash was a bit under the weather during our visit, she was such a trooper and trucked us (us, being me & my friend Jen - another high school pal) around town (I'm in love with Taco, Taco restaurant), drove us to see the Texas hill country, showed us the beautiful Texas wine country (who knew?), and introduced us to the Welfare Country restaurant, which is located in the heavily-populated German area outside of San Antonio (again - who knew??).



I am so glad that I got to meet Emerson and see how my best friend from college has gone from my "fraternity party co-pilot, dancing in the stairwell at 2 a.m., duct-taping our dorm room off into thirds because we couldn't stand our 3rd roommate" friend, to the most loving, doting, compassionate mother any baby could ever hope for! As for Emerson, well... he's perfect. And that's just the best way to sum him up. :)



Here are some pics of the trip...

No comments: