Modern

Friday, September 5, 2008

Slack Blogger - that's me!

So, I've really slacked off on my blogging since school started. I think I had so many things that I had "let go" during the summer that I have been concentrating on those things and have really unplugged from the World Wide Web! So, now that the playroom is finally finished (new light - yeah!), toys have been re-arranged and purged, the roof is fixed, the house guests are back home again, and our vacation is over... I finally am back on track with things. So, there are many things worth mentioning that have happened over the past few weeks...
1. My cousin Matt & his wife Lacey (see pic at right) came for a visit and I realized that Payton is quite in love with them. Every day he asked when they would be home and what he could do with them when they got home.He was very sad when the left, but fortunately, they will be back in a few months and then we can have some more fun together.
2. Brian and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary on September 1st. We were fortunate enough to send Payton off to my parents house for the weekend and go stay at the Ritz Carlton! It was the first time either of us had stayed at a Ritz and we thoroughly enjoyed it! From the moment we walked in and were greeted with a glass of champagne, to the luxurious rooms, decadent food, incredible spa, and every other tiny detail... the Ritz does it right! And I can safely say that after 7 years together, Brian and I are definitely more in love and are better people than we were when we started our journey together. Thanks to both sets of parents for the very nice anniversary cards and gifts - we love you all and feel so blessed to have such incredible parents to model our marriage after.
3. Finally, it's football season!!! We are in full Gator football mode at this moment. Our 3-foot inflatable Albert the alligator is sitting in our front yard, our UF flag is flying proudly outside, and of course all 4 of us (even Rohy) gets decked out in our finest Orange & Blue every Saturday. GO GATORS!!!

Hope everyone is doing well and avoiding all of these crazy storms. Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

The Mac Fam said...

Hey miss thang...how goes life. I never knew you had one of these things. They are great aren't they? Now I can't keep up. I have to disagree tho...I AM THE blog slacker. Check it out and you will see. HAHA although I did just post but before that it had been a while. I resolve to be better. Good to see you all are doing well.