Modern

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Memory like an elephant

This morning, Payton asked me to get down the decorative antique-inspired train that sits on a shelf in his room. It's high enough that he can't reach it, so he rarely gets to play with it. I purchased it when he was very little... maybe 1 year old at best. So, I hand him the train and he says, "Mommy... where did we get this train?" And I said, "Well, at a store that is no longer in business. It closed a long time ago." And he said, "You mean the store that is by the pet store?" And he was right! The store where I bought the train - Pier 1 Kids - was a couple stores down from the pet store. I could not believe he remembered that! It amazes me the things he remembers. I relayed the story to Brian and he was excited because he thinks this means that Payton will remember all the fun things we've done with him as a toddler (baseball games, family vacations, etc.). But I'm pretty sure it just means that he doesn't forget anything when it comes to trains. :)

No comments: