Modern

Monday, August 11, 2008

Another weekend, another train

What is it with boys & trains? I know not all boys are obsessed with trains, but the ones who are... really are! As you can tell from my blog, Payton loves trains. We went to a new Marshalls this past weekend that just opened by our house. Of course Payton finds the one and only train in the toy section and somehow convinces me to purchase it. Of course when we get home and put in the 5 batteries that it requires, I find out that it makes the most obnoxiously loud train sounds you've ever heard! Fortunately, it also has a "silent" mode where it just blows bubbles (thank God!). But still... it's amazing to me that no matter where we are (grocery store, doctor's office, zoo) he'll find a train if there is one to be found.

Also, speaking of grocery stores... my sister-in-law is the Queen of getting good deals at her local grocery store (I think it's a Krogers??) especially because they have double coupon days. We don't have these and I am very envious. But recently I've noticed that our local Publix is running weekly buy-one-get-one-free deals. I've saved between $30-$60 on my bills just buying things that we use on a weekly - if not daily - basis because they were BOGO. Keep your eyes out for these deals folks as the price of groceries keeps going up - it's one way to keep your spending down. And plan your weekly dinner menus around these items that are on sale - even a better way to keep your grocery bill down. Okay... that's all the economic advice I'm giving out today.

No comments: