Modern

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas Pop-In

Anyone who reads this blog on a regular basis (which I'm pretty sure only consists of my parents) may have noticed that I don't post here any more.

Life has become quite busy this year and most of my daily updates are now generated through Instagram.

I will always treasure this blog and what it has documented over the years, but for now, it's become more of a chore than a joy. And I've got enough chores in my life right now - Ha! Ha! Ha!

So, while there may be a day that I have more time to post on a regular basis, for now, I am planning on only using it to document big things like vacation summaries, birthdays, etc.

......................................................................

To sum up the past month, we have been thoroughly enjoying the holiday season on every level!

We had a lovely Thanksgiving at my brother and sister-in-law's house. The food was delicious and the cousins had so much fun swimming, playing, and wearing each other out!
Annual matching Christmas jammies from my mom.
Then we surprised the kids with a trip to the Tradewinds Resort on St. Petersburg Beach. Even though it was late November, we had beautiful, warm weather!


It was truly one of my favorite family vacations we've ever taken.

After Thanksgiving, we rolled right into the Christmas season. Lots of parties, lots of cuddle time on the couch watching Christmas movies, and lots of yummy food!

Parker had his Christmas performance at school where they all dressed up and sang about the "King of Kings" and the "3 Wise Men." It was so cute! I'm so thankful my in-laws were able to come into town to watch the program.
Parker is top row, middle - he's not smiling, but I promise he had a fun time!

Cutest Wise Man ever!
 Payton also had a school performance where he got to play guitar. He did a fantastic job! I can't believe how well he is playing the guitar these days!

My Mom came into town to celebrate her birthday (and possibly do a little daytime babysitting for me!). We went to our new favorite brunch place, called Oxford Exchange in downtown Tampa. It was so delish.


Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and the following morning, our house will be filled with squeals of joy from the boys, and lots of our beloved family members. We are counting our blessings. Truly. This holiday season has been one of the best yet and we are not taking a single bit of it for granted.

I wish each and every one of you a wonderful, joy-filled, Christ-centered Christmas. I pray that you are touched by the story of how God came to earth in human form to teach the world about pure love and holy sacrifice. Jesus' birthday is one to be celebrated for more than presents and food. More than the gathering of family and friends. It is the celebration of a real man who was born to save the world. Happy birthday Jesus. Thank you for your love & sacrifice.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: