Modern

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Tradewinds Resort: Quick Vacation Recap

Hello everyone! As predicted, I've been totally absent from the blog this summer. Having the kids around 24/7 totally consumes any "free time" I would usually have to blog.

For example, I started this post yesterday afternoon when Parker was napping and Payton was playing at a friend's house - a rare quiet moment. It took about eight more visits to my computer throughout the evening to complete the video montage posted below, only to find out the web site that I typically use for video posting (Vimeo) wouldn't allow me to post my video because I had used a copyrighted song. Huh?? I thought if I owned the song on itunes, I could use it for my own personal use. I guess not.

Anyhow... point being, it's now the next morning and I'm sitting in front of my laptop once again - this time with my morning coffee - trying to wrap up this post before another busy day begins. SO... this may be the last post of the summer, or maybe I'll pop in a couple more times with some random updates. For now, I wanted to share some photos from our vacation last week. Enjoy!
...................................................................................................................

Every year, my family rents a beach house somewhere in Florida and my parents, my brother's family and ours go for a full week to bask in the sand and sun.

However, my brother and his family moved to FL last year so now that we see each other so much more often, we thought we would skip a full-week beach house this year and go for a much lower-key option of staying at a beach resort for a few days.

We chose Tradewinds Resort, Island Grand, located on St. Petersburg Beach after many, many people said it was the most kid-friendly resort around. And after staying there, I would totally agree.

There are endless activities available for the kids - some free, some cost money - but there's something for them to do all day long.

Here's a little video of our time at the Tradewinds (click on the play button).
 I hope you all are enjoying a safe & happy summer. Till next time...



No comments: