Modern

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

End of School...Welcome Summer!

Another school year has come to a close, and I cannot believe Parker is going into his last year of preschool and Payton is headed into his last year of elementary school. It really is crazy to me.

But before I focus on what's to come, I am happy to look back on the last few days of school.

Parker had the most adorable end-of-year program. The theme was "construction" and how we are all still under construction with God's help. It was so cute watching them sing "The Wise Man Built His House Upon The Rock."

"And the rain came tublin' down..."
Parker with two of his good buddies.

We also had a fun end-of-the year class party. It was beach-themed, so my craft station was making "Beach in a cup" using blue jello, graham cracker crumbs, whipped cream and gummy bears. It turned out really cute.



We sure are going to miss his sweet teachers. I somehow only got a photo of Miss Sheridan, but he's had Miss Corley for two years now, so next year will seem strange without her.

On Payton's last day of school, they handed out all of the awards. We were so very proud of him for receiving an award for straight A's as well as Accelerated Reading. We will miss his sweet teacher, Miss Vega, as well.

I can't believe how old they all look. Yes, I'm sure they are ready for 5th grade... but are we???

The last day of school, the boys woke up to a decorated breakfast table complete with a box full of their favorite sugar cereals (a big treat in our house!).

And after school that day, my neighbor and I greeted the kids with water balloons. A tradition we started several years ago and I'm so glad we were able to continue it this year as well.

Here's a couple of pics from their 1st and last days of school this year. Honestly, I don't think they changed that much... but they've both grown at least an inch!


In non-school related news, we had a wonderful diner party last week with some very good friends who were in town visiting their family. The McCullohs' used to live in our neighborhood, and now they live in VA. We miss them dearly! But it was so good to get together with them and our other good friends, the Laccabue's for lots of good food and fellowship.
I love setting the table for dinner parties!
 

I was even able to get together with April the next day and meet her sweet daughter. I can't believe it's taken a year for me to meet her. She's the most adorable little girl!

Now that school is out and things have settled down, we're really enjoying the relaxing pace of things. We've done many puzzles, played many board games, created crafts, and Payton is even learning how to cook! So far Summer... we like your style!


No comments: