Modern

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Friday Favs

Happy Friday friends!

I hope you have some fun plans for the upcoming weekend.

We have a few things planned here and there, but are intentionally leaving some of the weekend open for some down-time. Gotta recharge the batteries at some point, right?

I wanted to pop in today to share a few of my favorite things that I'm enjoying right now. All of which happen to be perfect for Spring and Summer.

First up, is the most perfect pale pink shade of nail polish I've ever used.

Essie's "Limo Scene"
 
I purchased mine at Target, but you can buy it at most beauty supply and drug stores. Essie is a little more expensive than Maybeline or Covergirl, but as with most things, you get what you pay for. Essie lasts longer, goes on smoother, and requires less coats. This shade of pale pink it perfect for Spring!

Next up, is this new bronzer/blush that I just ordered from Sephora.

Tarte's "Park Avenue Princess Pink Bronze"

Not only does the packaging and blush look gorgeous, it actually looks even better on your skin! It mixes all the beautiful shades together and creates the most perfect blend of blush & bronzer. I know this will carry me through the entire summer. 

Plus, tarte blush is made with amazonian clay, which makes it last ALL day. I'm not kidding. This stuff is amazing.

Moving on to clothes...

Ann Taylor Loft is really hitting it out of the park this season.

I recently ordered a few things online when they were having their 50% off sale + free shipping, and I love everything. Currently, the whole site is 40% off, so go get you some new threads for summer!

The "Rivera" shorts collection are the perfect length and the material is stiff enough that they look freshly ironed, even when they're not. So you look very put together even if you don't have time to iron or dry clean.  They come in so many different colors and prints - I may just have to order another pair while everything is on sale. :)
Primary Image of Striped Rivera Shorts with 4 Inch InseamPrimary Image of Striped Denim Riviera Shorts with 4 Inch InseamPrimary Image of Mosaic Riviera Shorts with 4 Inch InseamPrimary Image of Diamond Print Rivera Shorts with 4 Inch Inseam

I had a lot of questions/comments on Instagram this week when I posted a picture of me wearing these Kenneth Cole wedges:

Oh Ava CN - Taupe main view

I bought mine at Marshalls, but you can buy them online here. They are SO comfortable, I don't even notice that I'm wearing a higher heel.

And just in case you've missed the big announcement... Lilly Pulitzer is starting a new line at Target! The collection comes out this Sunday, April 19. I may be one of those crazy people waiting in line for the doors to open this Sunday. I just can't wait to feel the quality of the items with the own two hands. I hoping to score a few great deals like these:

Gold Pineapple Sandals, $30
Strapless Maxi Dress, $34
Canvas Shopping Tote, $15

I could list about 100 other items that I am in love with, but I will spare you. Just be prepared to see me in a lot of Lilly this summer.

I ordered this candle from Nordstrom recently after someone recommended it on Instagram. Random, eh? I've rarely ordered a candle without smelling it first, but I'm glad I did, because it's amazing!
It truly smells like Spring in a jar: citrusy, but floral, but not too overwhelming... it's so good. And I love it when a candle still looks pretty just sitting on your counter when it's not lit.

And last but not least, I have to sneak in a couple food items.

We've been entertaining a lot lately since the weather has been so nice and we're spending lots of time on our patio. These little Sargento "Tastings" cheeses have become a staple on my charcuterie platters (and yes, I did just use the word "charcuterie in a sentence, ha! ha!).


They are the perfect size to set out a few different types of cheese for a happy hour. My favorite is the Havarti, but the Bruschetta is delicious too. 

And my latest cracker obsession are these Rosemary crisps from 34 Degrees:

They are a little pricey, so I buy them when they go on sale. They sell them in the deli area at our Publix, but I know you can also get them at Fresh Market and Whole Foods. Trust me, you want to give these a try for your next dinner party. They are so light and crispy... and addictive!

Okay, that's it for my Friday Favs. I hope you'll give some of them a try and let me know what you think.

And don't forget to come back on Monday for the next installment of my "Marriage & Family: Creating Harmony in the Home" series. I'll be sharing our thoughts on "Chores for Kids." 

Have a great weekend everybody!


No comments: