Modern

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Angel Chicken: A Family Favorite Recipe

I could have sworn that I shared this recipe on my blog before. Maybe because I've emailed it to so many friends over the years that I thought I had posted it here as well. But I just did a search and can't find it, so I'm going to post it (again??) in case you are not familiar with this family favorite.

This recipe is so simple, yet so delicious. My sister-in-law sent it to me years ago and it has since become a regular menu item on our table.

Here are the ingredients you will need (plus chicken and pasta):
First, get out your trusty slow cooker and spray it with a non-stick cooking spray. Place 4-6 chicken breasts in the slow cooker (frozen or thawed, it doesn't matter).

Second, dump the following ingredients into a saucepan on your stove and cook while stirring over medium high heat until well combined:

  • One can of condensed cream of chicken/mushroom or golden mushroom (my favorite) soup
  • 1/2 stick of butter
  • 1/2 container of onion & chive cream cheese
  • 1 packet of Good Seasons Italian salad dressing dry mix
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine (could sub water for this)
Once the above ingredients are well combined, pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.
Let it cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5-6 hours.
Serve over angel hair pasta.

Granted, this is definitely not a low-calorie dish, but trust me, it is so heavenly... you'll know why they call it "Angel" chicken.

I love serving this, along with a big salad for company because I'm not stuck in the kitchen prepping food. The only thing you have to do at the end is cook the pasta. Super simple. Super delish. I hope you'll try it soon and let me know how you like it!

No comments: