Modern

Monday, January 12, 2015

Simple Valentine Burlap Vase

Feels like we just put away all of our Christmas decorations and I'm already talking about Valentine's Day!

Oh wait... we did just put away all of our Christmas decorations.

Valentines Day tends to sneak up on me because in January, I'm not quite ready to re-decorate the house for another holiday. So I tend to wait. And then... BAM!...it's February and Valentines is in two weeks!

I'm trying to plan ahead a little this time and I got down our bin of decorations from the attic last weekend. After sifting through them and deciding what I want to display again this year and what needs to take a trip to Goodwill, I realized I don't have a lot of Valentines decor that I really, really like.

Thus, it was time for a little project.

I've been drawn to a more "rustic" look lately decorating with muted tones, more shades of white and grey and definitely burlap. It adds an easy natural element to any decor, which is always pleasing to the eye.

I wanted to create a simple Valentine's vase that incorporated burlap as well, and this is what I came up with:
Cute, right?

This project was so easy and cheap, you can make it in just a few minutes with whatever craft materials you have lying around the house.

I happened to have some leftover burlap from a wreath that I made, plus some pink polka dot grosgrain ribbon. All I needed was a "vase" and this leftover spaghetti sauce jar was just what I was looking for (am I the only one who saves glass jars?? They're quite versatile in crafting situations.).

I used double-sided tape to adhere the burlap to the side of the jar:

Then wrapped the burlap around the jar a couple of times:

Tied the pink ribbon into a bow, and voila!

Took me about 5 minutes to make it, and zero dollars. My kinda craft!
And doesn't it look super cute next to my "Bee Mine" artwork? You can print one off for yourself here.

I'd love to know any cute Valentines crafts you'll be doing this year. Leave me a comment and let me know. Happy "love day" everyone!

No comments: