Modern

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Halloween Photo Dump

Hello out there!

Sorry I've been MIA lately.

With all we had going on with Halloween (Cub Scouts party, school parties, school parade, trick-or-treating) and the fact that our primary car died, we've been consumed with so much "stuff" lately, the blog has definitely taken a back seat.

BUT...for my own purposes, I would like to document this Halloween season, as I have ever year since I started this blog.

So, prepare for a complete photo dump! :)

We started out the Halloween festivities with the annual Cub Scout party, which is held at Payton's school. Everyone gets dressed up and each den makes their own game for the kids to play and then hands out candy for prizes. The kids absolutely love it.

I made Mummy Dogs for dinner that night, knowing the kids would want to load up on candy once we got there.

I snapped this photo right before we left, which I'm glad I did because we didn't get any family photos on Halloween. As you can see, the boys are Jedi Knights/Luke Skywalker and I am R2D2 (well, I'm wearing an R2D2 tank top, which totally qualifies as dressing up in my book).

The boys loved all the games at the Cub Scout party:


Our den does "Angry Birds" every year and it continues to be one of the most popular games of the night!
 

A couple days before Halloween we carved our pumpkins. Parker really got into it this year. He loved pulling out "all the guts" (no surprise there).

Payton wanted to carve his own pumpkin this year. So I cut the top off and he did the rest!


I think he did an awesome job!!
On Halloween night, I made my annual chili bar, complete with about 5 different toppings. We brought it to our neighbors house and enjoyed a yummy dinner with them before heading out to trick-or-treat.

My Star Wars cuties.
And of course we roasted the most delicious pumpkin seeds. I think I may grow pumpkins next year just for the seeds!

Halloween night was a huge success. We walked the neighborhood circle and chatted with all of our sweet neighbors. The kids got a ton of candy, and then we headed back and handed out candy the rest of the evening. It was great fun.

Aside from celebrating Halloween this month, we also welcomed my brother and his family back to the state of Florida! We're so excited that they now live on a little over an hour away from us! The cousins are so happy, they want to see each other every chance they get.

We drove over one afternoon and spent the day swimming, grilling and enjoying a beautiful, crisp fall afternoon together.

These two are like two peas in a pod!
We also enjoyed several days of cool weather for this first time all year. It made for perfect al fresco dining, and bonfire nights. And Payton had his first experience lighting and cooking on the grill. If this kid can master cedar plank salmon, he's going to have one happy wife one day. :)

And last but not least, we had to say goodbye to my beloved Lexus RX350. I have loved that car for the past 7 years, but it had a blown head gasket, needed breaks, and tires, and would cost about $6,000 to make the repairs. After lengthy discussions with lots of people at Lexus and trusted family members, we decided to trade it in for a new car.

The boys could not be happier about having a 3rd row in our new GMC Acadia. It's a gorgeous car and I am so nervous to drive it or park it. But I'm sure after it gets it's first scratch or spilled snack, I'll relax a bit. As for now, I'm inhaling every bit of new-car-smell out of it, and enjoying all the new bells and whistles that come on new cars these days (Yay for Bluetooth and navigation systems!).

Okay, that's it for now. I've got some great new recipes to share this month along with some cute Thanksgiving ideas. Stay tuned!

No comments: