Modern

Thursday, August 28, 2014

4-Ingredient Italian Chicken Bake

Two years ago I posted this recipe. Several friends said that it has now become a "go to" dinner because it's so simple and you usually already have all the ingredients in your pantry.

So, I thought I'd re-post it in case you're new to this blog and you're looking for a economical, simple, healthy weeknight recipe.



Ingredients:
  • Chicken breasts (or any cut of chicken that you prefer)
  • Can of diced tomatoes
  • Can of large black olives
  • Envelope of Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing & Recipe Mix (it's in the salad dressing aisle)
 
 Directions:
1. Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and place chicken in dish. Sprinkle chicken liberally with the Italian dressing mix.
2. Dump the cans of tomatoes and black olives into the baking dish and arrange around the chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes (check to make sure the center of the chicken is no longer pink).
3. Sprinkle liberally with Parmesan cheese and serve with veggies and a side dish. I usually serve the chicken on top of a bed of orzo or rice pilaf.
And for my picky eater in the family, I just scrape off the tomatoes and olives and serve the chicken plain, and he loves it!

I hope you'll try this recipe sometime and let me know how your family likes it... or try it again if it's one of your family favs.

No comments: