Modern

Monday, June 23, 2014

4th of July {Ideas, Recipes & Free Printables}

I can hardly believe 4th of July is one week away! Where did June go!?!

I made the mistake of hopping on Pinterest to find an easy 4th of July craft to do with the kiddos and man did I hit the mutha-load of good ideas!

I mean, how great is this:
4th of July Sparkler Shield {Fireworks}  -- Makes sure no sparks land on the angels fingers or arms:) great idea for the smaller ones. 
SUCH a smart idea for the tiny tots who want to participate in the sparkler fun, but are a bit freaked out to actually hold one themselves. I will definitely be trying this with Parker.

And if you're hosting a party or going to one, and need to bring something, check out these simple ideas:
4th of July Snack Idea

Spangled Sandwich Pops

cookie cutter watermelon fruit salad

Or maybe you're looking for some fun house or party decor? Here ya go...

Available here.


FREE Printables: All American County Fair July 4th Party

Available here.

How great is this FREE 4th of July banner and artwork available here along with many other party printables.
July 4th Banner2 Fourth of July Party Printables
july 4th banner liberty plaid dawnsbellavia Fourth of July Party Printables
July 4th Sign Fourth of July Party Printables
 And one of my favorite bloggers, TomKat Studios, has some beautiful cupcake toppers that you can download for free. These would also be cute during the World Cup USA games!
 
And of course, my original purpose of going on Pinterest in the first place...some cute kids crafts! Check these out:
4th of july crafts
Instructions available here.



And if I had a girl...this is the kind of t-shirt I would be making...
Red ric rac with a blue polka dot bow 


And if you're willing to get a little messy (I'm thinking bathing suits...outside...with washable paints), you could let the kids loose with this super fun idea:
 Straw "Fireworks"
 The child dips the end of a straw into red, white & blue paint and then blows on the straw to make "fireworks" on the paper.
 
Image detail for -easy 4th of july crafts for kids july 4th kids crafts that are easy ... 
I hope these give you some fun 4th ideas. Be safe and have a fabulous time celebrating our awesome nation...the land of the free and home of the brave!

1 comment:

Tara said...

And if you lived next door to me I'd have you make that cute little shirt for my girl! Love your creativity Stacy! Happy 4th!