Modern

Thursday, April 10, 2014

'Frozen' Pre-K Learning Printables and More...

If you have small children, you no doubt sing the words:

"Conceal don't feel, don't let them knoooooooooow; Well, now theeeey knooooooooow...Let it Go! Let it Go!" 

...in your sleep.

Like it or not, Frozen has become the highest grossing animated film of all time (raking in more than $1.07 billion - that's Billion with a B!). So if our kids are going to be obsessed with the movie, then we as parents might as well capitalize on it by integrating it into their learning.

I found a wonderful free printable "Frozen Pre-K Pak" on the web site Over The Big Moon.

 Frozen Button Frozen Pre K Pack

It includes 27 pages of great Pre-K skills such as matching, cutting, letter practice and so much more. It always shocks me when someone creates something so wonderful like this and then gives it away for FREE! Love it!

The same website also had some fun Frozen coloring pages available here. I know Parker will love doing these.

And in case Frozen REALLY isn't your thing, the wonderful ladies at Over The Big Moon have also created a Pre-K Pak for the Lego Movie! Available for FREE here.
Lego Movie Button 300x300 Lego Movie Pre K Pack

Okay, so now that you're completely out of printer ink, here are some of my other favorite learning web sites for kids...

This web site allows little ones to practice their phonics, read along to stories, dress up characters, and celebrate various holidays. This was one of Payton's favorite sites when he was first beginning to read.

I love this site because my kids often want to know more about specific animals. Like yesterday, Parker wanted to know what a baby chick sounded like. Or if frogs like to jump on people. This web site has just about everything you need to know about animals and so much more. The "Cool Clicks" link on the homepage is always a fun place to explore as well.

I just recently discovered this site and it always intrigues me when I visit. For example, one of the topics on the site today was, "Why do I have bad breath in the morning?" This is one that I think I'm going to make Payton read so he remembers to brush!

That was just a quick sampling, and I'm sure you have many sites that you and your kids love as well. I'd love to hear about them if you would like to share. Please leave me a comment and let me know.

Speaking of learning...I have to run and help out my big boy with his homework. Have a great weekend everyone! And don't forget... "Love is an open dooooooooor....with you, with you..." (Sorry, more lyrics from Frozen, just in case you don't have every song memorized. :)


No comments: