Modern

Friday, April 4, 2014

Easter Roundup {FREE printables, crafts, recipes & more!}

Easter is just around the corner, and besides being one of the most important holidays on the Christian calendar, I love everything that Easter stands for: Renewal, rebirth, resurrection...it's a time for clearing out the cobwebs of life and starting fresh.

Whether that means something deep like asking for forgiveness (or forgiving someone else); or changing a bad habit like gossip or negative self-talk.; or something as simple as buying all new underwear and tossing the holey stuff taking up room in your drawer. Okay, maybe that's not so much "renewal or rebirth" but sometimes freshening up a space in your house or adding a few new "Spring-y" items to your wardrobe can really usher in the new season.

Today, I wanted to share with you some easy, realistic, Easter crafts, projects and recipes that I am planning to do in the coming weeks. I hope you'll join me in one or all of them and let me know how they turned out.

First up on the agenda, are some simple crafts for kids.

Grow Your Own Easter Grass
easter grass 
I know this is something that many schools do around this time of year, but I've never attempted it at home. I found this great blog post on "How Does She?" about it recently that gave links to the specific grass seed you need in order to do this. (P.S. I asked at least 5 people at Lowe's yesterday and no one had any clue what I was talking about, so I ordered it from Amazon instead).

I think it will be a great science experiment for the boys, but I am also planning to use it as a centerpiece for my Easter brunch table. BAM! Two-things-in-one. Love it.

Next up, how cute are these free Easter gift printables from Lil Luna?!
Egg-Cellent Easter Gift with Free prints for teacher, neighbor, friends, and more! { lilluna.com } #easter
They have them for neighbors, teachers, friends and more. They come in a variety of colors, and really...who doesn't love Reese's eggs???
I've already made a batch of these for our beloved neighbors, and plan to make more for the boys' teachers as well.

And how about this adorable - EASY - craft for the kiddos...



All you do is paint your child's palm and 4 fingers (leaving the thumb clean) with white paint. Stamp their hand on a pastel piece of paper (or in this case, a canvas) and then paint or draw the bunny details on when the hand print is dry. Super simple, and so cute!
I am going to make these for the grandparents and write "Some Bunny Loves You" at the top of the page.

This craft idea is more for the toddler crowd, although the big kids may have fun making more intricate designs with the Q-tips:
Easy Easter Craft for Toddlers { This combines a lesson in tinting and great fine motor development while having fun!}
You can get all the details here at the fun blog titled, "No Time for Flashcards." 

Okay, let's move into the Easter brunch category...

Centerpiece Ideas

This one uses dyed eggs to hold the flowers in place.
Easter centerpiece ~ Easter egg vase....I can use my real eggs! Love Easter time! Family and friends time! #easter #bunny #moments
And this one uses jellybeans. Adorbs!
candy & flower centerpiece cute for Valentine's or Easter!
 Easter Recipes

How mouth-watering does this ham asparagus strata recipe look? Mmmmm...


Ham and Asparagus Strata. Perfect for an Easter Brunch.

 These mini cinnamon rolls look so heavenly. I'm just worried that I'd eat 20 of them.
What I love about this recipe is that it uses store-bought dough. Can you say, time saver!?!

 


 This cheesy, bacon, potato casserole is popping up all over Pinterest. I wonder if I should test it out...

 Your whole family will love this Hubby's Favorite Breakfast Bake. It's an egg and hash brown breakfast casserole with sausage, cheese, and more! 
I hope I've given you some fun, yet not complicated, ideas for Easter. But most importantly, let's not forget what we're celebrating on this special holiday. This beautifully designed printable is available for free here from the talented folks at AKA Designs. I think it would make a wonderful statement piece framed with a simple candle lit in front of it.
He IS Risen smaller for blog He is Risen Easter Printable
Happy Easter everyone!
Have a fabulous weekend.

No comments: