Modern

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Easy Craft: Spider Candles


Good Eeeeeeeevning (said in my best Dracula voice).

Thought I would share a quick, easy, and inexpensive Halloween decorating idea with you today.

Last night I noticed that my mantel was still looking very "fall-ish" and not very "Halloween-ish" and I was determined to rectify that situation today...without spending a lot money that is.

First, I got out some glitter spiders that I had recently purchased at Walmart and decided they would be perfect for "spooking up" the mantel. Then I remembered the clear votive holder that I made from this post and thought the spiders would look great stuck on to the sides of some clear candle holders.

Here's what I had on hand:

If you do not have these adhesive craft dots, a dab of hot glue would probably work just fine too (hot glue pops right off of glass should you want to remove the spiders after Halloween).
However, I would highly recommend purchasing a packet of these just to have on hand. They are very useful  and can be found at JoAnn's or Michael's Crafts.
You just simply "pop" out the dots and remove the paper from both sides making it a double-sided adhesive.
Then I stuck it to the spider...
...and then stuck it on a glass candle holder.
And then happily placed them on my newly spookified mantel. :)
 I can't wait to light them tonight and see what kind of spider shadows it casts on the walls.
Ooooooooooooooo (said in my best ghost voice)!

No comments: