Modern

Friday, August 16, 2013

1st Day of School: Teacher Gifts

Remember the old TV shows like Andy Griffith and Leave It To Beaver the kids when kids would bring an apple to their teacher on the first day of school? Well, times have changed and kids rarely bring in an actual apple these days, but the idea of giving a small token of appreciation that first day of school is still a very nice gesture.

I found these great free printables online at iheartnaptime.net and thought they were just too cute not to use for our first day of school teacher gifts!

 
courtesy: iheartnaptime.net

In keeping with the whole "Apple for a teacher" theme, I bought some of my favorite apple-scented products from Bath & Body Works including body wash, antibacterial hand soap and lots of little hand sanitizers (I love these!).
(Each of my boys have two teachers this year, so I needed enough products for four teacher gifts.)

I used double-sided tape (use the Scotch brand - nothing compares) and taped the little sanitizers to the larger bottles. Then tied them up with a pretty pink bow... because really, what gift doesn't look better tied up with a big ol bow???

Then I cut out the free printable labels from the iheartnaptime blog and taped them to the back of the bottles (using the double-sided tape again).
What teacher wouldn't love to receive these cute gifts on the first day of school?
How bout them apples? (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Wishing a very happy first day back to everyone!

No comments: