Modern

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Recipe: Mexican Chicken Stew

I accidentally created a delicious recipe last night. My original plan for dinner had to be changed when I realized I was missing a key ingredient (I HATE it when that happens).

I had already defrosted chicken and I knew I was going to be out of the house until around 6 p.m. so I I wanted to use the Crock Pot. I looked in the pantry, picked out a few easy ingredients, dumped them in the Crock Pot, and voila! Mexican Chicken Stew was born!

Unfortunately, I didn't know just how good it was going to turn out, so I didn't think to take any photos. Next time I make it (which I'm sure will be soon) I'll post some yummy pictures. In the meantime, you'll just have to trust me that this meal will warm you on a chilly Winter night and will become a favorite of everyone in your house!


Directions:
1. Put chicken breasts into greased Crock Pot. Sprinkle packet of taco seasoning and ranch seasoning on top of chicken. Then dump entire can of tomatoes on top of that. Put on the lid and cook on HIGH for 4 hours, or until chicken is beginning to pull apart.

2. Once chicken is easy to pull apart, partially tear apart breasts in crock pot using two forks. Dump in both cans of beans and stir. Turn Crock Pot down to LOW and continue cooking for at least 2 more hours.

3. Ladle stew into bowls, sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream. Delicious by itself, or scoop with tortilla chips.

This would also make a great dish for a Super Bowl party too!
Adios amigos!

No comments: