Modern

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Nothing Crazy

This week has been chock full of everyday, normal, routine things. Nothing crazy.
And I love it.
Lots of laundry, cleaning, cooking and playing. I've been able to be very "present" with the kids, which has been wonderful.
I've gone on several bike rides. Been to the park twice. Played marbles on the back porch. Took the kids to the pool today (more on that in another post), and just really enjoyed them.

Yesterday, we had a couple friends over for a playdate. The kids literally played for hours in the backyard. I'm still not exactly sure what they were playing, but it had something to do with telleporting (sp??) to another land and things attacking them and then having to save one another. It was a great display of imagination, and Parker was more than happy to "play along" or at least just be in their presence while they played. As I've mentioned before, he thinks he's just another 7-year old joining in the fun!

And I love running in the house unnoticed for a couple of minutes and then returning with a big bowl of popcorn and drinks for everyone. I receive a hero's welcome, let me tell ya!
See? Parker just thinks he's one of the gang!
Then he decided to play on the slide. Which started out all cute and innocent...
 
And then it turned into him trying to be a stuntman...
That's about the time he fell off the back of the slide and we decided to move the fun on to the back porch for some marbles.

This requires every ounce of my concentration to make sure that he doesn't go all crazy on me and try to sneak one into his mouth. But he really loves playing with this marble run toy, so it's worth some serious concentration on my part.

So, that's it... nothing crazy. 
I'm kinda diggin' the laid-back nature of the week so far. But something tells me frenzied days are just around the corner... I better go rest up. :)
 

No comments: