Modern

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Some Valentine Fluff

Okay, it's officially February! (Well, it will be in a matter of a few hours at least). So, I am getting us all in the mood for love with a Valentine's inspiration post.

As you can see, I changed my header. If you like the subway art in the middle, you can download it for FREE here. I love it when bloggers post their creative stuff for free. I also printed it off and framed it (as she suggests on her blog) and displayed it here:
I got the kids in a Valentine's mood by doing an easy craft. 
I'm sure you all have done this with your kids before, but it's simply cutting tissue paper into squares and then using a pencil or just "squishing it up" and gluing it onto cardboard cut into the shape of a heart. Then simply pop a hole in the top and insert a fun ribbon. Voila - Valentine's decor!

Of course I also have the "I love you" banner that I made last year hanging on the entertainment center again (since I don't have a mantel). Brian is oh-so-happy to see all the pink in the family room right now (yeah, right).
 Well, I hope that gave you some good Valentine's inspiration. Only about 14 days left to prepare something special for your sweetie. Have fun!

No comments: