Modern

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

This Christmas

This is the first Christmas in 7 years that I have not either been pregnant, been trying to get pregnant (e.g. hopped up on all kinds of hormones & drugs), reeling from a pregnancy loss, or wishing I was pregnant.

This is the first time in 7 years that I have actually felt the true feeling of contentment at Christmastime.

I didn't feel like anything was missing. I didn't feel a sense of loss, loneliness, abandonment, resentment, confusion... oh the list could go on and on.
This Christmas, I truly just enjoyed my family. I relished in the gifts God has given us this year. Not fancy gifts wrapped up in packages with big bows. But the gift of life. The gift of contentment. It's something I will never forget. This Christmas is one that will forever live in my memory. It is one that I will forever thank God for in my heart.

Here are just a few pictures that express the happiness that occurred in our house over the past week...

Christmas Eve, Payton spread Reindeer food on the front lawn:


And wrote a very detailed letter to Santa & put out some snacks for the big man and his reindeer:


Christmas morning couldn't come soon enough for that sweet little 6-year old! He was bursting at the seams Christmas morning!
He helped his little brother open his stocking:
Then enjoyed opening his own:
And then the craziness began of opening the gifts...
But really, all Parker wanted to play with was the boxes:
And of course the best part, was spending time with our family.
I hope that you also had a wonderful Christmas, and that you will take time in the next few days to stop and reflect on all of the many blessings that you have. 
Happy New Year's everyone!!!
 

No comments: