Modern

Monday, November 28, 2011

New Favs

Maybe it was the Christmas music in the car. Maybe it was the gigantic red and green snowflake display hanging in the entrance of the store. Maybe it's just that I'm SO excited for Christmas this year that I have absolutely no willpower when it comes to anything holiday! Whatever it was, I was lured into purchasing a few "extras" at Target this morning and I just had to share them with you.

  
First up, my new FAVORITE snack food. Snack Factory Pretzel Crisps in dark chocolate & peppermint. I read about them last weekend while visiting my parents (my mom has the best assortment of magazines that I love to look through while I'm there). Anyhow, these babies are to die for! Salty, sweet, pepperminty... delish. And the best part... they're not that bad for you. Four pretzels are only 120 calories. Of course it's really hard to only eat 4... but hey, it's the holiday season. :)

Okay, up next... can someone please explain to me why I must buy the Kraft Macaroni & cheese holiday shapes? I bought the Halloween ones and now the Christmas ones too! I truly think I get a bigger kick out of them than the kids. They're just so fun - stockings, snowflakes, candy canes, snowmen! Even the packaging is cute: "tis the cheese'n" get it?!? Too cute.

Of course I had to get a package of candy canes for our Christmas tree. Payton was very concerned when we put up our tree last weekend and we didn't have any candy canes. He'll be happy to hang these on there tonight. I am also dying to give one to Parker. His first candy cane! Too young still? Maybe so. Hmmm.... the dilemma....

And what Christmas season would be complete without a gingerbread house? LOVE the pre-made kind. They still require a bit of construction, and lots of decoration, but who has the time to bake your own gingerbread?? Payton and I have made one of these every year since he was born and this year will be no exception.

Last, but certainly not least... why, oh why did Nabisco have to create Peppermint Oreos??? I meant come on!!! I'm not a huge Oreo fan (this often troubles my husband and son). In fact, I never buy them during the year. But when I saw these, I thought, "These will be a fun treat for the boys." And then I tasted one. DON'T buy these if you like Oreos and peppermint because you'll want to eat the whole bag in one sitting. They are also dangerously good crumbled up on top of a bowl of vanilla ice cream. I'm just sayin'...

And as for those two bags of M&M's... well, they were on sale and I had a coupon if you bought 2 bags. Geez-oh-petes, I'm gonna gain 100 pounds this holiday season...
 

No comments: