Modern

Monday, October 24, 2011

Angry Birds Game - post #1

Payton has a Halloween party for his Boy Scouts meeting tomorrow night. Each den was asked to create a game for the kids to play. Brian and I found an Angry Birds game on Pinterest and thought the kids would really love it. 
Basically you stack up cardboard boxes and throw balls decorated as the Angry Bird characters at them and try to knock them down.

So, you know how it goes... ye who comes up with complicated game must make complicated game components. Just teasing. We really didn't mind doing it, and I know the kids are going to have so much fun playing it.

Brian purchased/found all the necessary "bird" and pig items and I have been decorating them all day...
Rohy was a good helper...
 Here they are while they dry...
 Here was my other little "helper"... ahem... I use that term very loosely.
You can tell by the look on his face that he's thinking, "Geez Mom, put down the markers and come play!"
 Here are the finished birds and pigs (except for the green ball, which I finished a bit later):
 Tomorrow night will be the real test.
100 elementary-aged boys throwing these balls at cardboard boxes. 
I wonder if any of them will survive?

No comments: