Modern

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Some book ideas

I am very fortunate that Payton is a voracious reader. He loves to read in the car, in his bed, after school in his playroom... just about anywhere... especially if it's one of his favs.
So, I thought I'd list a few of our favorites in case you have plans to hit your library this week...

 First and foremost, anything by Mo Willems, but specifically Piggie and Elephant or the Pigeon series. Payton CRACKS UP reading these books. They are so simple, but the illustrations are really funny. Highly recommend this author.
Secondly, if you have a child who enjoys any sort of gross humor (pretty much any boy over the age of 4) then they will love the Black Lagoon series. They are so over-the-top and typically gross, which appeals very much to my 6-year old.
 We also randomly checked this book out last week and Payton asked me to read it at least 5 times - very funny. Although I had to come up with several voices for all of the characters. :)
Of course he also loves the "Bear" series by Karma Wilson
courtesy of Amazon.com

And if you really want to laugh with your kids... check out the Dumb Bunnies series by Dav Pilkey. My friend Rachel turned us on to these books, and let me tell you... they are funny!
courtesy of Amazon.com
I checked out the first two books in the Magic Treehouse series at the library today. Has anyone read these? I know they are super popular, so I'm hoping Payton will enjoy them. What about you? What books are you reading with your kids these days?

No comments: