Modern

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

1st Day of School

"I'm not going to cry. I'm not going to cry. I'm not going to cry..." That was my mantra as I was riding my bike to school this morning with Payton. Good thing we ran into half our neighborhood en route, because it distracted me enough to not wallow in the fact that I have a 1st grader!!! How did that happen?!? It doesn't seem possible. But it is, so it's time to accept the fact that Summer is officially over (insert boo-hooing noises) and school has now officially started.
Fortunately, we are very excited about Payton's 1st grade class and teacher. Ms. Adams is young and energetic and VERY organized (which you know I love). I'm sure you'll hear lots about her and the upcoming year on this blog.
We took our annual 1st day of school pictures outside this morning. Sorry they are a bit fuzzy. I think there was some moisture on the lens due to the humidity. 
Doesn't he look so big and grown-up? 
Here's a better one of him close up:
 
Of course mom and dad had to get in on the action as well. Parker was fast asleep if you were wondering. :)


And one more pic of my big first grader and his new backpack (which he is in love with!)...
















We love you Payton and hope you have a fabulous year in 1st grade!!!

No comments: