Modern

Monday, June 27, 2011

Father's Day

It's funny... when I first started dating Brian, I never thought about what kind of father he would be some day. I probably should have, but I was much more interested in his personality, his humor and how cute he was. :)
Thank God - literally - that He knows who we should end up with in our lives. Because I could not have picked a more perfect man to spend my life with. Beyond everything he does for me on a daily basis, he is such an amazing father. Every evening - no matter how tired he is from work - he swoops in and takes over caring for both boys. He wrestles with Payton, he plays with Parker and both of them light up like a Christmas tree. They love him SO much. 
So, Father's Day is a really important holiday in our house because we want to take a special day to recognize how much we love Brian.
We started the day out with a big breakfast before church. And of course since it was Father's Day, I couldn't argue with the boys when they wanted to have the cookie cake that Payton had decorated for Brian for breakfast...
 Payton gave Brian his essay and drawing that he made for him in school...
(yes that is a drawing at the bottom of a Chicago Bear and a Gator jumping on top of a Green Bay Packer)
If you can't read it, it says:
My Dad 
by: Payton Heckman
My Dad is the best. He resls (wrestles) whith me! He tells me funny story's! He is awesome!!!!!! He has brown hair. He is nise (nice)!!!!!!! He takes me to miny (mini) golf! I love my Dad!!!!!


I laugh so hard every time I read it because it lists all of these wonderful things he loves about Brian and then for some reason he felt the need to mention that he has brown hair. How funny is that???

Of course, as much as I love my hubby, he does have some nuances that I could do without... such as not listening all the time. Especially when I'm talking about organizing, decorating or reality TV. So, this is the card I gave him...

Don't worry, I wrote really nice stuff on the inside. :)

So, all of this to say, we had a really great Father's Day celebrating what an amazing dad Brian is. We love you honey!
Of course I would be remiss to not mention our own awesome fathers too. Although we didn't get to spend the holiday with them, we love them dearly and wouldn't know what to do without them!!!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Hey Stacy!!! Kirsten gave me your blog address, and I am SO happy to see your family, and most of all baby Parker!! He is absolutely beautiful and I am so thrilled for you! He looks a lot like his big bro. Anyways, just wanted to say hi. Love the blog, and I look forward to reading more!

Much Love - Christy G