Modern

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

As you can imagine, this Mother's Day was very special for me. It's the first time in a long time that I had a total sense of contentment on Mother's Day. I wasn't longing for something - or someone - who had not joined our family yet. I just spent the weekend enjoying the two amazing boys God has given me. They are both total miracles in my eyes and I feel so fortunate to have a special day each year to reflect on what it means to be their mother. It is such an honor that God allows me to be their Mama. And fortunately for me, they were very excited to celebrate me as well. Here's a little snapshot into the weekend...
We started off on Friday with Payton's Mother's Day program at school. Once again, his teacher went above and beyond! She had a whole breakfast set up for the moms complete with Starbucks coffee (love that woman!). The kids came and took us by the hand and led us to our seats where we had a special flower pot and a "Royal Declaration" declaring us the "Best Moms" complete with a paper tiara. After we were seated, the kids all lined up in the front of the classroom and performed several songs and poems that they had memorized. It was so precious!
After the program, my mom and I took Parker out for a day of shopping and lunch at Nordstroms Cafe (my FAV place to eat at the mall). Then Saturday morning my boys all took me out to breakfast at one of my favorite little greasy spoon restaurants - delish!
Sunday morning, I woke up to all sorts of little goodies. An arrangement of flowers and a little cake that Payton had picked out and a little gift and card from Brian. 
I had treated myself to a little Mother's Day gift the day before, which I excitedly dressed the boys in for church on Sunday... their 1st matching outfits! I mean, come on... how cute do they look?!?! Unfortunately, I was taking these photos by myself and couldn't manage to get Parker to smile and take the photo, so he looks a little "shell shocked" in the photo. But you can see how adorable they looked in their outfits.
After a nice, long day of lounging around the house on Sunday, Brian cooked me my favorite dinner - cedar plank salmon, asparagus and cous cous. Fortuantely, both boys cooperated and were asleep during our nice, quiet dinner. The perfect ending to a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. I hope you all had a great Mother's Day weekend too!

1 comment:

april said...

yay! i loved reading that line--the first time I really felt contentment--and I loved the pics! so, so happy for you! God's brought you to the promised land--drink deep! love, apes