Modern

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pumpkin Bread - Make this soon!

Something about this time of year makes me want to cook with pumpkin. Even though the weather has not cooled off much, the smell of cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin coming from the kitchen makes it feel a bit more like fall.

I found this recipe for chocolate chip pumpkin bread on one of my favorite cooking blogs. It sounded so yummy I had to try it out - and it did not disappoint! You've got to try it soon!

The recipe makes 3 loaves, so at first I thought, "Oh, I'll just cut the recipe in thirds and only make 1 loaf." But anyone who knows me, knows that math is not my strong suit, so I figured I'd be safer just making the 3 loaves and giving 2 away. I already know the lucky recipients of the extra 2 loaves - a sweet neighbor who was recently widowed, and my good bud April who just had her baby this morning (welcome to the world little Walker!!!). 

So go get some canned pumpkin and try it out. It's super easy and soooooo tasty!  

No comments: