Modern

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Graduation Day 2010


Posted by Picasa
I can hardly believe it... my "baby" graduated from preschool last week (see pictures to the left of him on his 1st day of school each year at Wesley Early Learning Center, and his last) . Yes, I cried... many times. It's not that I don't want him to grow up, it just makes me emotional to think that he will never again step foot on that campus as a student. It's the only school we've ever known, and now... he's an official graduate.
On the lighter side of things, he had a ball during the last week of school. They got to wrap up all sorts of projects they had been working on all year (including an adorable drawing workbook that I will treasure forever!), had special ice cream sundaes for snacktime one day, had a special chapel for just the graduating classes, and then wrapped it up on the final day with a little "graduation certificate" and cap.
I, of course, went a bit overboard with the graduation celebration and decorated the house with a banner, streamers and balloons (awww, come on, he's my baby!). And after school we celebrated with a special lunch out with one of his best friends. It was a very memorable day to say the least!
Here are a few pictures from the final days of school.

No comments: