Modern

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Love Fall!

I love fall. No, really... I love it. In fact, it's become quite a joke in my family that I decorate long before the actual holiday is approaching, and I milk it for all that it is worth. Here are a few examples of how I induldge in this season...



1. I began decorating with fall leaves, pumpkins and candy corn back in early September.

2. Starbucks non-fat, pumpkin spice latte. Enough said.

2. I've made some sort of meal with pumpkin in it for the past several weeks (Payton adores the pumpkin-pecan pancakes, whereas I fell in love with the pumpkin sage risotto I made for dinner last night). Also I've been drinking pumpkin-spice creamer in my coffee for weeks now (yikes - the calories!!), and yesterday I bought gingerbread and peppermint mocha creamer as well (I might as just well live at the YMCA this fall)...

3. Last Saturday we went to 3 different stores just to browse around the Halloween (and Christmas) decorations. Payton has definitely inherited this gene from me because I think he had more fun than I did!

4. The local pumpkin patch opened up on Monday and I was bummed that I didn't get there for opening day... so we went first thing when it opened this morning. Payton had an absolute ball running through the piles of pumpkins, checking out the scary characters hanging from the trees and searching through mounds of tiny pumpkins to find one "just his size."

5. Lastly... hide your scales people... the Pumpkin Pie Blizzard at Dairy Queen... oh, it's so dangerous I can't even begin to tell you.

AND... it was actually so cool last night at Brian's softball game that I wished I had brought a sweater with me! I LOVE FALL!!!

No comments: