Modern

Sunday, September 21, 2008

It's Officially Fall!

So tomorrow... it's officially fall! And even though it's still in the high 80's here, there have been times in the past few days when it has actually felt cooler outside. Early in the morning and in the evenings there is a wonderful breeze and lower humidity, which creates a much more enjoyable outdoors experience.

As you can see, we decorated for fall a couple weeks ago. My philosophy is that once October hits, we only have 4 weeks of Halloween decorations, so I might as well put up my "fall" decorations in September so I can enjoy those for a few weeks too. Of course, I think some folks get a little overzealous... I was walking the dog this evening and one of my neighbors has their whole house decorated for Halloween already! I mean the whole nine yards: spider webs on the bushes, a black archway leading up to the front door that says "Happy Halloween", pumpkins hanging from the trees, everything. It's a little early for me to be putting up witches and jack-o-lanterns, but I did put out a scarecrow today... isn't that a fall decoration?

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I thought about Fall decorations this weekend. Does that count? I won't put out Halloween until closer to the middle of Oct...if I can even get them out of the closet.