Modern

Friday, August 1, 2008

Nostalgia

Yesterday evening I thought it would be fun to show Payton the video we took of him two years ago when we went to see Thomas the Train in person. As I searched through the various video tapes, I just happened to put one in from when Payton was just over a year old. He was wobbling around in the backyard, happy as can be throwing an empty sippy cup around on the patio. Looking back, I don't think I had ANY idea how easy I had it back then. Seriously the child was so interested looking at the tree, and then a blade of grass... for like 2 minutes! It practically takes me putting on a complete play with his trains now to keep him interested for more than 30 seconds. So... for any of you parents of "little toddlers" out there... enjoy this time. It goes by faster than you can ever believe. As you can imagine, I was crying by the end of the video just wishing I could have that time back somehow... and then realizing he'll never be a baby again. He'll only keep getting older. I'm not the most nostalgic person, but boy... that really hit me last night. Today I seem to have a new perspective on his life. I just don't want to rush through any of it. I don't want to "miss" a moment because I am stressing about whether or not the floor is clean, or some other insignificant detail. He's so amazing. What a complete blessing.

No comments: