Modern

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Playgroups

Playgroups are always interesting to me. Sometimes the moms want to hover over their children and be involved in their playtime. Other moms will sit on my kitchen stools and relax while chatting with the other moms and only tending to the children if they start screaming (usually over a toy) or are tugging at their pant leg. Personally, I tend to prefer the latter... although sometimes I have to hover if my child is the one doing the toy-stealing. Either way, today we had a playgroup at our house for 5 kids, and although it was noisy, messy, and at times chaotic... overall it was a lot of fun. Now that everyone has left and the house is quiet again, I am hoping that Payton will go down for a nap. Although he has already appeared in his doorway twice - once to go poop (valid) - the other to show me what Percy the train was doing to Thomas the Train in the book he was reading in bed (not-so-valid).

Looks like rain this afternoon, which requires me to come up with something to do inside with Payton this afternoon. I think we'll head up to the church and see how they're doing on the "big move to the gym." Can't wait to see what kind of progress they've made!

Tomorrow is Friday - Yahoo!

No comments: